I've decided that February is pretty much worthless when it comes to the calendar year. Aside from Valentine's Day, (which a lot of people boycott anyway as it's a "made-up" holiday) February doesn't hold much water.
It can't decide if it wants to snow, or be 60 degrees. Somehow, February manages to throw 50-mile an hour straightline winds at us, just for the sheer joy of it. Our poor neighbors ended up with a tree on top of their house, and our street ended up on Fox 59 morning news because of it.
Yes, February is a tempermental lass, which may be why she and I don't get along so well. I'm ready to push her out the door for good, and she's just not quite ready to go--kind of like an ex-girlfriend who thinks she can talk you into letting her stay.
It usually doesn't work. And, like the ex-lover, February too must go on. I know I'm ready, anytime now.
No comments:
Post a Comment